I am learning to love the many different ways God speaks to me. I used to think I had to get His word in my quiet time. If I did not hear Him when I had my Bible, journal and pen in hand then I did not hear the Lord. He has taken the time to truly expand my ability to hear Him and know when He is speaking to me no matter what method He is using.
I began to recognize Him in nature when I went on my HeartQuest. I had two of everything greet me on my fast day. He spoke to me all day in pairs and in twos. Even the rain came twice that day. He was giving me clues all day as to what He was speaking directly to my heart and double had great meaning that day.
Now, when I see something consistantly I see it as a sign post telling me I am on the right track. That Father is ordering my steps and I just passed the mile marker revealing where I am in my day. It is even becoming a game to see what He is going to show me next and how often He will open my eyes to see. For example, on my fast day I had two cardinals spend the day with me. Since then when I see a cardinal I stop and ponder for a moment God, His greatness and what He might be saying to me in that moment. Sometimes He says, "keep on keeping on," sometimes "I love you." The other day there were 3 cardinals in tha back yard and I heard the Lord say "increase". I have come to love nature, and the way Father uses His creation to confirm His word and works in my life. I wonder what He will be saying to me today?
1 comment:
So loving your blog spot:)
Post a Comment